Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Sunday, 30 November, 2025
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

Jharkhand health secretary rushes to Delhi to get free booster doses for 18 plus  

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
May 4, 2022
in Jharkhand
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

PRINCE KUMAR

Ranchi, May 4: State health secretary Arun Kumar Singh today landed in New Delhi to request the union health ministry for free booster doses of covid vaccine for the citizens in the age group of 18 to 59 like the senior citizens.

Singh informed this when asked about why there is only one centre in the Jharkhand capital for booster doses for the people in the age group of 18 to 59 though there is provision for payment of a regulated price for the dose while in Bihar, where booster doses are being provided free of cost, there are several centres.

“I have come to Delhi to discuss the issue. Bihar is providing it for free as the state has money to purchase vaccines, unlike Jharkhand. Very soon you will get positive information in this regard,” Singh said.

There are as many as 1.78 crore people in the age group of 18 to 59. Out of the total number, so far only 9237 have got the booster doses. Out of 9237, 2065 have got booster doses in Ranchi.

An insider said not only people in the age group of 18 to 59, people above 60 are also lagging behind in taking booster doses.

“So far against the 3250000 senior citizens, only 130560 have taken booster doses. The figure is just 4 percent of the total population of senior citizens,” the insider said.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Centre gives nod for diversion of forest land for rapid development in Naxal-affected states

Next Post

SKMU administration under scanner for misappropriation of assets

Related Posts

Suspended IAS Vinay Chaubey Faces Five Criminal Cases in Six Months, Release From Jail Unlikely

Suspended IAS Vinay Chaubey Faces Five Criminal Cases in Six Months, Release From Jail Unlikely

November 28, 2025
Central Forces to Withdraw from Jharkhand; Five SRE Districts to Be Delisted, High-Level Review Panel Formed

Central Forces to Withdraw from Jharkhand; Five SRE Districts to Be Delisted, High-Level Review Panel Formed

November 25, 2025
Excitement Peaks In Ranchi As Fans Queue Overnight For IND vs SA ODI Tickets

Excitement Peaks In Ranchi As Fans Queue Overnight For IND vs SA ODI Tickets

November 25, 2025
Clarification Issued By Minister Irfan Ansari On Fake BLO And Cyber Fraud Remarks

Clarification Issued By Minister Irfan Ansari On Fake BLO And Cyber Fraud Remarks

November 25, 2025
Misleading Reports on RIMS Trigger Strong Warning; Legal Action Underway

Misleading Reports on RIMS Trigger Strong Warning; Legal Action Underway

November 21, 2025
ED Raids 40+ Sites In Jharkhand, Bengal In Major Crackdown On Coal Mafia

ED Raids 40+ Sites In Jharkhand, Bengal In Major Crackdown On Coal Mafia

November 21, 2025
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)