Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Sunday, 22 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

Jharkhand High Court asks State Government why Binay Mahto murder case be not handed over to CBI

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
October 7, 2021
in Jharkhand
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

RAJ KUMAR

 

Ranchi, Oct.7: Jharkhand High Court today directed the state to file a counter-affidavit asking why Binay Mahto murder case should not be handed over to CBI for investigation.

Binay Mahto had been killed on Sapphire International School campus at Tupudana on February 5, 2016 and police had arrested a four-member teacher’s family associated with the same school.

His death in the school campus had hogged the limelight and an FIR was registered in this connection at Dhurwa police station. So far two adults accused of the case are out on bail while two juveniles were acquitted by Juvenile Justice Board (JJB).

Justice Sanjay Kumar Dwivedi, who had given direction for the CBI probe into police sub-inspector Rupa Tirkey’s death case, gave the direction after hearing a criminal writ petition filed by Binay’s father, Manbahal Mahto, filed on March 8, 2018.

Mahto had knocked on the door of the court after the trial court of Shivpal Singh added names of at least 10

persons associated with the school during the trial stage and Juvenile Justice Board acquitted two juveniles caught in his son’s murder case.

Petitioner’s advocates Randhir Kumar and Khushboo Kataruka confirmed the development saying that the matter is fixed for hearing on November 18 this year.

Asked about the submission before the court, they said they submitted before the high court that the trial court during the trial of the case observed that investigation in the case had not taken place properly and during the trial made more persons accused in the case.

Regarding other submissions, they said that they pointed out loopholes in the collection of evidence that caused acquittal of juvenile accused and did not give police the opportunity to find the real accused. “If the correct sample had been sent to FSL such blunder would not have taken place,” they said.

They said they presented the example of Ryan School, New Delhi, where initially innocent was caught for murder and then proper investigation brought the truth to the fore.

Probed further, they said: “A detailed order will soon be uploaded on the website of Jharkhand High Court.”

Asked Mahto for his comment, he expressed his satisfaction over the development. “I had lost all hope after the case remained unheard for almost three and a half years but as I heard about the development I saw a ray of hope,” Mahto said.

 

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Jharkhand Police to conduct counselling for policemen

Next Post

Newly wed couple jump into stone mine in Pakur, husband dies

Related Posts

Heated Exchange in Jharkhand Assembly Over JPSC Full Form During AYUSH Recruitment Debate

Heated Exchange in Jharkhand Assembly Over JPSC Full Form During AYUSH Recruitment Debate

February 20, 2026
Jharkhand Government Presents Rs 6,450 Crore Third Supplementary Budget in Assembly

Jharkhand Government Presents Rs 6,450 Crore Third Supplementary Budget in Assembly

February 20, 2026
JPSC Cut-Off Date Issue Raised in Jharkhand Assembly During Zero Hour

JPSC Cut-Off Date Issue Raised in Jharkhand Assembly During Zero Hour

February 20, 2026
Jharkhand Steps Up Rabies Control Drive, Vaccine Stock Made Mandatory in Government Hospitals

Jharkhand Steps Up Rabies Control Drive, Vaccine Stock Made Mandatory in Government Hospitals

February 19, 2026
Jharkhand HC Halts Police Probe in Minor Road Accident Case, Grants Relief to Petitioner

Jharkhand HC Halts Police Probe in Minor Road Accident Case, Grants Relief to Petitioner

February 19, 2026
Jharkhand Budget Session: Key Questions Raised in Assembly During Question Hour

Jharkhand Budget Session: Key Questions Raised in Assembly During Question Hour

February 19, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)