Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Saturday, 21 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

SC pulls up Uttarakhand, says ‘ensure no hate speech’ at tomorrow’s event

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
April 26, 2022
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

New Delhi, April 26: The Supreme Court chastised the Uttarakhand administration on Tuesday, ordering the state’s chief secretary to ensure that ‘no hate remarks’ are made at the Dharma Sansad event on Wednesday. In addition, the top official has been asked to explain the precautionary measures done thus far.

“You know what are preventive measures… you will have to do it. And if it still happens, we will ask the chief secretary to remain present. We are directing you to take all these steps. You are bound to. You are not doing favour on us by following the directions,” the bench told the additional advocate general of Uttarakhand.

The Uttarakhand government was ordered by the Supreme Court earlier this month to provide a status report on the probe into the alleged hate speeches delivered at a religious gathering in Haridwar in December.

The state government had requested extra time to respond to the petitions filed in January by journalist Qurban Ali and senior counsel Anjana Prakash. Uttarakhand received a notification in the same month.

The purported hate remarks delivered at the three-day Dharma Sansad in Haridwar, which took place between December 17 and 19, provoked widespread indignation. Several videos of the religious congregation’s leaders had surfaced on social media. At the time, the Uttarakhand police head stated that such events would not be condoned.

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Dhanbad: Dialysis patients suffer as blame game between state govt, private nursing homes continues

Next Post

Jharkhand HC defers hearing of petition challenging order in ATP appointment for one week

Related Posts

Rahul Gandhi Appears in Sultanpur Court, Calls Amit Shah Remark Case ‘Politically Motivated’

Rahul Gandhi Appears in Sultanpur Court, Calls Amit Shah Remark Case ‘Politically Motivated’

February 20, 2026
Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Plea Opposing Mosque in Babur’s Name

Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Plea Opposing Mosque in Babur’s Name

February 20, 2026
US Prepares Possible Iran Strike, White House Holds High-Level Meeting

US Prepares Possible Iran Strike, White House Holds High-Level Meeting

February 19, 2026
Macron Praises India’s Digital Rise at AI Impact Summit

Macron Praises India’s Digital Rise at AI Impact Summit

February 19, 2026
India’s ‘MANAV’ AI Vision Unveiled by PM Modi at Global Summit in Delhi

India’s ‘MANAV’ AI Vision Unveiled by PM Modi at Global Summit in Delhi

February 19, 2026

AI-India Impact Summit 2026 Begins at Bharat Mandapam, PM Modi Welcomes Global Delegates

February 16, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)