Dhanbad, Oct 27: Trains movement in the Dhanbad-Gaya section remained affected for the second consecutive day today following the derailment of 53 wagons of a coal-laden goods train on the Grand Chord line near Gurpa railway station between the Koderma- Gaya rail section of the Dhanbad Rail Division under East Central Railway (ECR) zone on Wednesday morning.
The senior railway official of Dhanbad Rail Division said that due to track repairing work movement of train no. 13545 Asansol- Gaya MEMU Express has been cancelled today. Besides it, the movement of seven express trains of the Grand Chord line has been diverted.
- 13151 Kolkata- Jammu Tawi Express will go via the main line of Asansol, Jha Jha- Patna rather than Dhanbad. Another train 13167 Kolkata- Agra Cant Express which will start from Howrah would also run through the diverted route of the Jha-Jha, Patna line.
- 12802 New Delhi-Puri Express has also been diverted today via Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Junction, Dehri-on Sone Garhwa Road and Barkakana to Puri.
- 18104 Amritsar-Tatam Express will run through the diverted route of Deendayal Upadhyay Junction, Dehri-on Sone Garhwa Road and Barkakana.
- 18625 Purnia Court–Hatia Express would run from the diverted route of Gaya-Dehri–on Sone, Garhwa Road Tori
- 12366 Ranchi-Patna Express has also been diverted. Rather than going through Gomoh Junction now, it will run via Tori- Garhwa Road, Dehri On Sone and Gaya track.
- 12443 Haldia- Anand Vihar Express has also been diverted. Today it would run via the main line of Jha Jha – Patna – Gaya – Pt Deendayal Upadhya Junction.