Lagatar24 Desk
New Delhi, March 9: A four-storey building collapsed at Vijay Park in Delhi’s Bhajanpura area on Wednesday afternoon.
According to fire officials, no casualty or injury has been reported in the incident as the building was vacated 12 days ago after being declared ‘dangerous’.
As per Delhi Fire Chief Atul Garg, rescue operations have been completed.
Police said the fire department received information at 3:05 pm, and immediately reached the spot.
“SHO Jafrabad and SHO Bhajanpura rushed to the spot. The area was cordoned off. BSES and fire brigade also reached the spot and started rescue operation,” said DCP northeast Joy Tirkey.
The removal of debris is underway, he added.
DCP Tirkey further said the 20-year-old building had been built on a 25 square yards plot.
In a video shared by ANI, the building can be seen collapsing, while people can be heard screaming
#WATCH | Delhi: A building collapsed in Vijay Park, Bhajanpura. Fire department present at the spot, rescue operations underway. Details awaited
(Video Source – Shot by locals, confirmed by Police) pic.twitter.com/FV3YDhphoE
— ANI (@ANI) March 8, 2023
As per resident Hyder, “The accident happened around 3 pm. The good thing was that no one was injured and there has been no loss of life.”
“Around two to three families lived in the building. Around 2.30 am, the ceiling started falling and cracks started appearing inside the house. After this, all the families came out and informed the people nearby. On knowing about the cracks, the people nearby also vacated their houses and at around 3 pm the house collapsed,” added Hyder.
Ajay, another resident said, “The people had already realised that the house was about to fall, due to which everyone became conscious and people around the building had vacated their houses too.”
Earlier on March 1, a four-storey building collapsed after catching fire in north Delhi’s Roshanara Road but fortunately, there was no loss of life.