Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Tuesday, 19 May, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

Delhi HC upholds validity of Centre’s Agnipath Scheme, dismisses all petitions

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
February 27, 2023
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

 

New Delhi, Feb 27: The Delhi High Court on Monday upheld the constitutional validity of the government’s military recruitment scheme Agnipath, saying it does not find any reason to interfere with the scheme.

“The Agnipath scheme was introduced in the national interest and to ensure that the armed forces are better equipped,” the court said.

A division bench of Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma and Justice Subramonium Prasad announced the judgment.

There were at least 23 petitions filed challenging the scheme and all the petitions were dismissed by the court. The Supreme Court last year refused to entertain a fresh petition filed by an advocate seeking an investigation into the protests that followed after the introduction of the Centre’s Agnipath scheme.

Protests broke out in several parts of the country after the government rolled out the Agnipath scheme due to its shorter tenure and fewer benefits it offers. The scheme proposes to induct the youth temporarily into the defence forces for a span of four years and they will be known as Agniveers.

After four years, out of the selected candidates, only 25 per cent will be absorbed into regular armed forces service while the rest will be retired. Later, the government extended the upper age limit to 23 years for recruitment in 2022.

Several petitions were filed in high courts across the country challenging the scheme and also to halt the recruitment processes. The Supreme Court later transferred all these matters to the Delhi HC.

On December 15 last year, Delhi High Court reserved its verdict on a batch of pleas challenging the Centre’s Agnipath Scheme and seeking resumption and enrolment per the previous recruitment scheme in defence services.

The central government told the court in October that recruitment in the military is an essential sovereign function, keeping national security in mind. It argued Agnipath is a “tailor-made scheme” which has been formulated after comprehensive discussions by experts to serve the needs of the nation and change warfare.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Karnataka: PM Modi to inaugurate water supply projects worth Rs 2,500 crore in Shivamogga, Belagavi today

Next Post

Jharkhand: Palamu SP adopts seven tuberculosis patients 

Related Posts

Supreme Court Upholds Order to Remove Stray Dogs From Public Spaces, Rejects All Petitions

Supreme Court Upholds Order to Remove Stray Dogs From Public Spaces, Rejects All Petitions

May 19, 2026
Petrol and Diesel Hiked Twice in Five Days, Prices Rise by Rs 4 Per Litre

Petrol and Diesel Hiked Twice in Five Days, Prices Rise by Rs 4 Per Litre

May 19, 2026
VD Satheesan Takes Oath as Kerala Chief Minister, 20-Member Cabinet Also Sworn In

VD Satheesan Takes Oath as Kerala Chief Minister, 20-Member Cabinet Also Sworn In

May 18, 2026
Rupee Hits Record Low Against Dollar, Falls 2.30 Rupees in a Single Week

Rupee Hits Record Low Against Dollar, Falls 2.30 Rupees in a Single Week

May 16, 2026
SP Leader Azam Khan Convicted in Provocative Speech Case, Gets Two-Year Sentence

SP Leader Azam Khan Convicted in Provocative Speech Case, Gets Two-Year Sentence

May 16, 2026
NEET 2026 Paper Leak Probe Narrows to 20 Key Suspects, CBI Takes Over

NEET 2026 Paper Leak Probe Narrows to 20 Key Suspects, CBI Takes Over

May 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)