Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Tuesday, 19 May, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Entertainment

ED names Jacqueline Fernandez as accused in Rs 200 crore extortion case

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
August 17, 2022
in Entertainment
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

Lagatar24 Desk

 

New Delhi, Aug 17: In the money laundering case against conman Sukesh Chandrashekar, who is suspected of demanding extortion payments totaling a staggering 200 crore, actor Jacqueline Fernandez has been named as an accused.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED), which is looking into the money trail in the extortion case, has listed the actor as one of the accused in the supplemental chargesheet it has submitted to a Delhi court.

The ED had already interrogated her and attached the actor’s property. In accordance with the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, the bureau temporarily attached the actor’s assets totaling 7 crore in April (PMLA).

“Sukesh Chandrasekhar had given various gifts worth Rs 5.71 crore to Jacqueline Fernandez from the proceeds of crime generated by criminal activities including extortion. “Chandrasekhar had put Pinky Irani, his long time associate and co-accused in this case to deliver the said gifts to her,” the ED had then said in a statement.

According to the ED, these presents included a horse for 52 lakh rupees and a Persian cat worth Rs 9 lakh rupees. The FBI has also claimed that Chandrashekar contributed substantial quantities of money to Fernandez’s relatives.

The ED claims Chandrashekar defrauded the family of former Ranbaxy promoters of 200 crore rupees, of which 5.71 crore were gifts given to the actor. In this investigation, the ED has made a total of eight arrests. Chandrshekhar and his wife Leena Maria Paul are among them.

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

BIT Sindri organises seminar on ‘UPSC Preparation Guidance’

Next Post

Police arrest Ramgarh sub-jail compounder for molesting woman constable

Related Posts

Ram Charan’s ‘Peddi’ Trailer Drops, Film Set for June 4 Release

Ram Charan’s ‘Peddi’ Trailer Drops, Film Set for June 4 Release

May 19, 2026
Akshay Kumar Undergoes Eye Surgery, Takes Brief Break From Shooting

Akshay Kumar Undergoes Eye Surgery, Takes Brief Break From Shooting

May 7, 2026
Vijay’s Film Title Card Showing ‘CM’ Tag Goes Viral, Fans Erupt in Theatres

Vijay’s Film Title Card Showing ‘CM’ Tag Goes Viral, Fans Erupt in Theatres

May 7, 2026
Alia Bhatt’s Rumoured Entry Into Tumbbad 2 Sends Excitement Through the Roof

Alia Bhatt’s Rumoured Entry Into Tumbbad 2 Sends Excitement Through the Roof

May 6, 2026
From Screen to State: Bollywood and Kollywood Stars Cheer Vijay’s Political Triumph

From Screen to State: Bollywood and Kollywood Stars Cheer Vijay’s Political Triumph

May 5, 2026
Diljit Dosanjh Pauses Canada Concert Amid Khalistan Flag Controversy

Diljit Dosanjh Pauses Canada Concert Amid Khalistan Flag Controversy

May 3, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)