Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Tuesday, 17 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

ED seizes Rs 36.58 crore generated from illegal mining in Jharkhand

Amount of Rs 11.88 crore belongs to Pankaj Mishra, Dahu Yadav and others , says ED

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
July 15, 2022
in Jharkhand
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

 

VIJAY DEO JHA

 

 

Ranchi, July 15: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has informed that it has seized cash amounting to Rs 11.88 Crore of Pankaj Mishra, Dahu Yadav and their associates. These amounts were generated from illegal mining in Jharkhand. The ED said that the aforementioned amount was parked in 37 bank accounts of suspects and the same has been seized.

The ED, in a press release issued today almost after over two months since it began investigating the MNREGA scam and illegal mining scam in Jharkhand,  said that with the present seizure the agency has so far seized Rs 36.58 Crore illegally generated from mining. The seizure has been made under the Prevention of Money laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 in the illegal mining case. Earlier, ED had conducted searches at 19 locations in Sahibganj, Barhet, Rajmahal, Mirza Chauki and Barharwa resulting in seizure of various incriminating documents and Rs 5.34 Crore unaccounted cash on 08.07.2022.

During this search operation, the ED has also seized five stone crushers that were being illegally operated from the Site and also five illegal firearm cartridges. The evidence collected during the course of investigation including statements of various persons, digital evidence and documents revealed that the seized cash/bank balance is derived from illegal mining being rampantly done in Sahibganj area including the forest area. A trail of further Rs. 100 Crore of Proceeds of crime generated from illegal mining has also been unearthed and being worked upon.

Earlier in the month of May, 2022, searches at 36 locations connected with the MNREGA Scam were conducted under PMLA resulting in seizure of Rs 19.76 Crore cash. The searched premises included premises of Pooja Singhal, IAS, and her associates. In this case also, evidence collected during the course of investigation including those collected during the searches and statements of various persons revealed that the major chunk of the seized cash was derived from illegal mining and was belonging to a senior bureaucrat and politicians. Pooja Singhal and Suman Kumar, CA were arrested in this case and are presently in judicial custody. A prosecution complaint has been filed in this case. Thus, in total, cashand bank balance of Rs 36.58 Crore, illegally generated from Mining etc has been seized by ED.

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Top rating for RIMS Director Dr Kameshwar Prasad at 2022 Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Workshop in Canada

Next Post

Ranchi court lets off ex-Congress MLA, wife in obstructing mining case

Related Posts

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Extends Civil Services 2025 Application Deadline Till February 20

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

February 14, 2026
JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

February 14, 2026
Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

February 13, 2026
High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

February 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)