Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Sunday, 24 May, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

Haryana: Internet ban in violence-hit Nuh extended till August 8

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
August 6, 2023
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

 

Nuh, August 6: The Nuh district’s mobile internet services would not resume until August 8, the Haryana government announced on Sunday.

The Haryana Home Secretary’s directive indicated that the district’s circumstances continue to be dire and severe.

“Whereas, it has been brought to my notice by Deputy Commissioner Nub that the law and order situation has been reviewed and the conditions are still critical and tense in the district,” the statement said.

“And whereas, after assessment of the current prevailing law & order situation as well as the recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner, Nuh, I am of the considered view that there is a clear potential of disruption of public utilities, damage to public assets and amenities and disturbance of public law and order in district Nuh on account of misuse of Internet services by way of spread of inflammatory material and false rumours, which are being/could be transmitted/circulated to the public through social media/ messaging services on mobile Internet services, SMS services and other dongle services,” the statement added.

There was a conflict between two groups on July 31 in Haryana’s Nuh district that left six persons dead, including two Home Guards.

Haryana police reported earlier on Friday that 141 persons had been detained and 55 FIRs had been filed in relation to the rioting and violence that took place in Haryana’s Nuh district on Monday.

Six people were killed in the violence that broke out between two groups on Monday, including two police home guards and 88 people were injured, police stated.

“In connection with the violence that took place during a religious procession, 55 FIRs have been registered so far and 141 people have been arrested. Another 88 people were injured in the clashes. The toll in the violence stands at 6,” a police officer said on Friday.

Following the skirmishes in Nuh, the Gurugram Police reported that it had filed 27 FIRs and detained 38 suspects in connection with the unrest in Gurugram and neighbouring areas.

“We have filed 27 FIRs and arrested 38 persons in connection with the recent violence in Gurugram. We have also taken 60 persons under preventive detention,” Varun Kumar Dhahiya, Assistant Police Commissioner (Gurugram), said.

Anil Vij, the Home Minister for Haryana, claimed on Wednesday that there was a larger plot behind the violence and that those responsible would not get off easy.

“The culprits will not be spared. Whoever masterminded the violence will also pay. The rioters will be made to pay for the damage to public property,” Vij added.

“I would urge one and all to maintain peace and harmony. State police personnel and central paramilitary forces are deployed in adequate numbers to ensure peace. The situation is under control,” the Home Minister continued.

“I would also request people to refrain from posting any offensive or inflammatory content on social media. We have formed an inquiry committee, which is keeping an eye on each and every activity on social media. The matter is being investigated thoroughly,” Vij added.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

UP: Six family members from Nepal die as car falls into ditch in Shravasti

Next Post

Families of two people who died in police custody to get compensation, Home Department orders

Related Posts

Sonam Wangchuk Calls Himself an ‘Honorary Cockroach’, Urges Government Not to Suppress Youth Expression

Sonam Wangchuk Calls Himself an ‘Honorary Cockroach’, Urges Government Not to Suppress Youth Expression

May 23, 2026
Marco Rubio Invites PM Modi to White House on Trump’s Behalf During New Delhi Visit

Marco Rubio Invites PM Modi to White House on Trump’s Behalf During New Delhi Visit

May 23, 2026
90 Dead in China Coal Mine Explosion, Worst Mining Disaster in a Decade

90 Dead in China Coal Mine Explosion, Worst Mining Disaster in a Decade

May 23, 2026
Indian Women’s Cricket Team Departs for England Ahead of T20 World Cup, Face Pakistan on June 14

Indian Women’s Cricket Team Departs for England Ahead of T20 World Cup, Face Pakistan on June 14

May 23, 2026
Supreme Court to Delete Harsh Remarks Against Academicians in NCERT Judiciary Chapter Row

Supreme Court to Delete Harsh Remarks Against Academicians in NCERT Judiciary Chapter Row

May 22, 2026
Cockroach Party Demands Dharmendra Pradhan’s Resignation, Over 2 Lakh Sign Petition in Two Hours

Cockroach Party Demands Dharmendra Pradhan’s Resignation, Over 2 Lakh Sign Petition in Two Hours

May 22, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)