Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Tuesday, 19 May, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

J&K: Landslide hits Rezin, Srinagar-Sonamarg highway blocked

Landslide damages houses in J-K's Sonmarg, no casualties reported

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
February 20, 2023
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

 

Srinagar, Feb 20: A landslide occurred at the Rezin in the Gagangeer area of Sonamarg in the Ganderbal district of Central Kashmir on Sunday evening, damaging seven houses, burying livestock and blocking roads.

As per information, the landslide damaged some houses, but no casualties have been reported so far.

J&K | Few houses were damaged due to a landslide at Rezin, Gagangeer area of Sonamarg in Ganderbal district yesterday. Residents were moved to safe locations. No loss of life reported.

Visuals from the spot this morning. pic.twitter.com/WFJQxrQU6C

— ANI (@ANI) February 20, 2023

Moreover, the landslide has blocked the Srinagar-Sonamarg national highway, leaving many vehicles stranded. Along with this, several animals, including horses, cows, and sheep were buried as three cowsheds were damaged.

Rescue Teams of the District Police, State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF), and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have reached the spot. They said that the area had been cleared and the families have been moved to safer places.

“The landslide affected residential buildings and shops. But there was no loss of life. People were moved to safe locations. The operation continued overnight and right now we have started it again to remove the debris. All facilities being provided to people,” said Javid Ahmad Rather, Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM).

The landslide affected residential buildings & shops. But there was no loss of life. People were moved to safe locations. The operation continued overnight & right now we have started it again to remove the debris. All facilities being provided to people: Javid Ahmad Rather, SDM pic.twitter.com/bCv45gIFd8

— ANI (@ANI) February 20, 2023

Meanwhile, one of the residents said, “We live here. As you can see, our home has been affected by this landslide. The incident happened last evening. The landslide severely damaged three to four houses. We had given an ultimatum and proved the cracks. We want the administration to estimate the loss and do the needful.”

Notably, the Senior Officers of Revenue and Police are also present on the spot and closely monitoring the situation. The rescue operation is underway.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

ED raids multiple locations of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh coal levy scam

Next Post

IMD forecasts clear weather and mist in morning across Jharkhand

Related Posts

Supreme Court Upholds Order to Remove Stray Dogs From Public Spaces, Rejects All Petitions

Supreme Court Upholds Order to Remove Stray Dogs From Public Spaces, Rejects All Petitions

May 19, 2026
Petrol and Diesel Hiked Twice in Five Days, Prices Rise by Rs 4 Per Litre

Petrol and Diesel Hiked Twice in Five Days, Prices Rise by Rs 4 Per Litre

May 19, 2026
VD Satheesan Takes Oath as Kerala Chief Minister, 20-Member Cabinet Also Sworn In

VD Satheesan Takes Oath as Kerala Chief Minister, 20-Member Cabinet Also Sworn In

May 18, 2026
Rupee Hits Record Low Against Dollar, Falls 2.30 Rupees in a Single Week

Rupee Hits Record Low Against Dollar, Falls 2.30 Rupees in a Single Week

May 16, 2026
SP Leader Azam Khan Convicted in Provocative Speech Case, Gets Two-Year Sentence

SP Leader Azam Khan Convicted in Provocative Speech Case, Gets Two-Year Sentence

May 16, 2026
NEET 2026 Paper Leak Probe Narrows to 20 Key Suspects, CBI Takes Over

NEET 2026 Paper Leak Probe Narrows to 20 Key Suspects, CBI Takes Over

May 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)