Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Friday, 20 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Entertainment

DCW chief gets rape threats after seeking Sajid Khan’s ouster from BB16

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
October 12, 2022
in Entertainment, National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

 

New Delhi, Oct 12: Swati Maliwal, the executive director of the Delhi Commission for Women, disclosed that she has received rape threats ever since she spoke out against Sajid Khan’s participation on Bigg Boss 16.

She tweeted a screenshot of her Instagram profile on Wednesday showing the abusive comments. She stated that ever since she filed a letter requesting Sajid’s removal from the reality programme to Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur, she has been harassed. Readers are likely aware that the director was one of the accusers during the MeToo campaign.

Maliwal said that she has already filed a police complaint and was hoping that the culprits face stern punishment.

Sharing the screenshots, she wrote, “Ever since I wrote a letter to the I&B minister to get #SajidKhan out of Bigg Boss, I have been receiving rape threats on Instagram. Obviously, they want to stop us. I am filing a complaint with Delhi Police so that they can register an FIR and investigate the matter. The ones behind this should be arrested soon.”

After the premiere of Bigg Boss 16 on October 1, Maliwal announced on Twitter that she had already written to Anurag Thakur to alert him regarding Sajid’s appearance on the programme.

Several women accused Sajid Khan of unethical behaviour and sexual harassment during the MeToo movement in 2018. After numerous women accused the director of sexual harassment in 2018, the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) placed him on a year-long suspension.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Police recover male body with mutilated head in Ranchi

Next Post

Dhanbad: Retired BCCL, CCL and ECL staff to stage dharna for pension demands

Related Posts

US Prepares Possible Iran Strike, White House Holds High-Level Meeting

US Prepares Possible Iran Strike, White House Holds High-Level Meeting

February 19, 2026
Rashmika-Vijay Wedding Buzz Grows After Invitation Card Goes Viral

Rashmika-Vijay Wedding Buzz Grows After Invitation Card Goes Viral

February 19, 2026
Elvish Yadav Says He Dates Only for Marriage, Confirms He Is in a Relationship

Elvish Yadav Says He Dates Only for Marriage, Confirms He Is in a Relationship

February 19, 2026
Macron Praises India’s Digital Rise at AI Impact Summit

Macron Praises India’s Digital Rise at AI Impact Summit

February 19, 2026
India’s ‘MANAV’ AI Vision Unveiled by PM Modi at Global Summit in Delhi

India’s ‘MANAV’ AI Vision Unveiled by PM Modi at Global Summit in Delhi

February 19, 2026

AI-India Impact Summit 2026 Begins at Bharat Mandapam, PM Modi Welcomes Global Delegates

February 16, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)