Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Tuesday, 17 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

Odisha train accident: CBI takes over probe, files FIR

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
June 6, 2023
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

 

New Delhi, June 6: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday officially took over the investigation into Odisha’s Balasore train crash, which claimed the lives of 278 people. The probe agency was in the process of collecting documents and statements, before beginning to investigate the accident, reports India Today.

The CBI filed an FIR under Sections 337 (whoever causes hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life), 338 (causing grievous hurt by an act endangering life or personal safety of others), 304 A (causing death by negligence), and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

The development came after the Odisha police registered a case under various sections of the IPC and Railway Act for causing death by negligence in connection with the accident.

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw had on Sunday announced that a CBI probe had been recommended into the accident.

The crash on June 2 involving two passenger trains and a goods train killed 278 people and injured more than 1,100, while the movement of goods and passenger trains on the busy route was also disrupted.

Later, the train movement resumed on the crucial route connecting eastern and southern India with the first semi-high-speed Vande Bharat train passing through the area on Monday morning.

The railways has also launched a safety drive with a slew of directions to all zonal headquarters on the security of station relay rooms and compounds housing signalling equipment, including “double locking arrangements” after an initial probe showed “signalling interference” as a suspected reason behind the Odisha triple-train accident.

Seeking a CBI probe into the Balasore train crash, the railways on Sunday, hours after minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said the “root cause” of the accident and the people behind the “criminal” act have been identified.

Railway officials also indicated that possible “sabotage” and tampering with the electronic interlocking system, which detects the presence of trains, led to the Friday accident.

However, several opposition parties stepped up pressure for Railway Minister Vaishnaw’s resignation, with Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge calling for fixing accountability from top to bottom.

The BJP hit back, saying the track record of the Congress-led UPA government’s railway ministers was nothing short of a disaster and they should not politicise the issue.

“We have recommended a CBI probe into the triple train accident,” Vaishnaw told reporters in Bhubaneswar on Sunday evening.

Earlier in the day, he said the cause of the accident was related to an electric point machine and electronic interlocking. (Courtesy: India Today)

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

MP Jayant Sinha discusses ways to improve power supply in Hazaribag

Next Post

JSSC to recruit 930 Industrial Training Officers; JPSC too announces job vacancies in Jharkhand

Related Posts

AI-India Impact Summit 2026 Begins at Bharat Mandapam, PM Modi Welcomes Global Delegates

February 16, 2026
Valentine’s Day Horror: Couple Found Dead Inside Car in Noida

Valentine’s Day Horror: Couple Found Dead Inside Car in Noida

February 14, 2026
Mulund Metro Viaduct Collapse Kills One, Injures Three on LBS Road

Mulund Metro Viaduct Collapse Kills One, Injures Three on LBS Road

February 14, 2026
BNP Returns to Power in Bangladesh, PM Modi Congratulates Tarique Rahman

BNP Returns to Power in Bangladesh, PM Modi Congratulates Tarique Rahman

February 13, 2026
Opposition Protests Demand Hardeep Puri’s Resignation, Lok Sabha Adjourned Till March 9

Opposition Protests Demand Hardeep Puri’s Resignation, Lok Sabha Adjourned Till March 9

February 13, 2026
Modi Inaugurates ‘Seva Teerth’ Complex, PMO Set To Shift From North-South Block

Modi Inaugurates ‘Seva Teerth’ Complex, PMO Set To Shift From North-South Block

February 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)