Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Sunday, 10 May, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home National & International

PM security breach: SC lawyers receive threat calls again

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
January 17, 2022
in National & International
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

New Delhi, Jan 17: Several Supreme Court lawyers on Monday said they had received threatening phone calls from international numbers, allegedly from pro-Khalistan group Sikhs for Justice for the second time in seven days, over PM Modi security breach during his visit to Punjab on January 5.

Advocate Vishnu Shankar Jain, Apoorv Shukla and Nishant Katneshwarkar are among those who received the calls from international numbers with pre recorded audio, threatening them for lodging complaints against SFJ.

Last week, a single caller urged judges hearing the case that they “must not assist PM Modi” in punishing Sikh farmers. The caller then brought up the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, accusing the court of being silent after Sikh farmers were killed while protesting farm rules.

“The call specifically asked Supreme Court Judges to refrain from hearing the petition on the blockade of PM Modi’s cavalcade,” said Vishnu Shankar Jain, a lawyer for the UP government.

A lawyer Deepak Prakash  filed a police case over what he called “terrifying” calls that could lead to riots. Threats included “extremely adverse reactions affecting national security”, he alleged.

SC lawyers were advised to keep away from the case after the first round of calls.

Notably, PM Modi’s convoy was stranded on a flyover in Ferozepur on January 5 owing to a protester roadblock, and he returned without attending any events, including an election rally.

The Punjab administration and the central government ordered inquiries, but the Supreme Court put both on hold after appointing Justice Malhotra to lead the committee.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Two Indians die in drone attack at Abu Dhabi oil tankers

Next Post

Jharkhand records 60 Covid fatalities in 16 days

Related Posts

PM Modi Salutes Armed Forces on Operation Sindoor’s First Anniversary

PM Modi Salutes Armed Forces on Operation Sindoor’s First Anniversary

May 7, 2026
Operation Sindoor at One Year: India Downed 13 Pakistani Aircraft, Destroyed 11 Bases, Armed Forces Reveal

Operation Sindoor at One Year: India Downed 13 Pakistani Aircraft, Destroyed 11 Bases, Armed Forces Reveal

May 7, 2026
Tamil Nadu Governor Sends Vijay Back Again, Demands Proof of Majority

Tamil Nadu Governor Sends Vijay Back Again, Demands Proof of Majority

May 7, 2026
In 49 Bengal Seats, Removed Voters Outnumbered the Victory Margin

In 49 Bengal Seats, Removed Voters Outnumbered the Victory Margin

May 7, 2026
Mamata Refuses to Quit, Bengal Heads Toward Constitutional Crisis

Mamata Refuses to Quit, Bengal Heads Toward Constitutional Crisis

May 6, 2026
Twin Blasts Near Defence Establishments in Punjab Trigger Security Alarm

Twin Blasts Near Defence Establishments in Punjab Trigger Security Alarm

May 6, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)