Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Monday, 16 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

Two attempts for JEE Mains: Educators say it will give more time to prepare for JEE Advanced

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
February 28, 2022
in Jharkhand
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

 

SHUBHANGI SHIFA

 

Ranchi, Feb 28: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has decided to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) this year in April and May only. This means that candidates appearing for JEE Main 2022 will get only two attempts, unlike last year when they got four attempts, reported India Today. NTA is yet to announce the official dates for JEE Main 2022. Notably, JEE Main exam is a multi-session computer-based test that is conducted for admission to some of the top institutes in the country such as the IITs.

Speaking on the issue, Murlidhan, CMD, Champ Square, a coaching institute, on Monday expressed relief over the announcement. “Last year students were much more engaged with the four exams that were conducted for JEE Mains, which diverted them from preparing for JEE Advanced exams. Initially, only two exams were conducted, but last year the four attempts were allowed due to the pandemic,” the teacher added.

He further continued stating, “This time, I believe students won’t suffer a loss. In fact, I think students will have more time to prepare for JEE Advanced. The four exams also delay the Advanced exams, further delaying the academic cycle.”

Anish Raj (19) said, “I dropped a year after Class XII to prepare for JEE. I attempted four times last year. During my preparation, when there were two attempts, I noticed that the competition was comparatively lower as compared to preparing when four attempts were available. Papers during the four attempts were easier, but irregular.”

His friend Kamya Singh (18), on the other hand, said, “The decision to allow four attempts was aimed at helping students during the Covid 19 pandemic. I believe we should also have been given the same opportunity as we have also suffered the brunt of the pandemic all this year.”

Notably, after increasing the number of attempts to four for 2021, the NTA has now cut it down to 2 attempts.

Meanwhile, prior to 2019, Jee Main was conducted only once a year. In 2019, the number of attempts was hiked to two and in 2021, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was further increased to four. The candidates had the opportunity to submit their best scores out of the four attempts for admission to engineering institutes in the country.

 

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

RU releases exam schedule & last date for filling up exam forms for BBA LLB course

Next Post

RIMS Ranchi doctor saves patient by high-risk lung surgery

Related Posts

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Extends Civil Services 2025 Application Deadline Till February 20

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

February 14, 2026
JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

February 14, 2026
Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

February 13, 2026
High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

February 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)