Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Saturday, 21 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

Jharkhand Health minister’s assurance fails, strike continues in SNMMCH

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
May 20, 2023
in Jharkhand
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

LAGATAR24 NETWORK

 

Dhanbad, May 20: The indefinite strike by the outsourcing staff against the state government’s retrenchment order in Shahid Nirmal Mahto Medical College Hospital (SNMMCH) Dhanbad continued on second day on Saturday as health minister Banna Gupta’s assurance to withdraw the letter of government failed.

On Friday, the health minister had directed SNMMCH superintendent Dr AK Barnbal to withdraw the retrenchment order when Dhanbad sadar MLA Raj Sinha met him in Ranchi and made him aware about the plight  being faced by patients in the hospital due to indefinite strike of the outsourcing staff.

All 428 outsourcing staff at SNMMCH have been on indefinites strike since Friday morning in protest against  order of the health department to retrench 121 employees from Monday ( May 21).
The Striking staff said if 121 staff, who  have been working for last 10 years,  are retrenched they ( 428) would also not work.
Dhanbad sadar MLA Raj  Sinha today also extended moral support to the striking staff and sat more than three hours with them in the morning to protest at gate of the hospital.
“I am  surprised and aghast that even after assurance of the health minister, who gave it after taking details from concerned authorities of the health department and hospital authority,  the retrenchment letter has not been withdrawn so far. The Hospital superintendent said he had not got any written order. Chaos prevailed in the hospital and patients are returning unattended,” said Sinha.
Sinha, who made round of all the wards in the hospital in wake of strike said that helpless patients have to do themselves in absence of ward boys. “It looks the government is not interested in running the medical college hospital otherwise around 600 admitted patients would not have been left in the lurch for the last 48 hours,” said  Sinha
Following strike of dressers, ward boys, doctors of hospital were seen performing dressing of the  patients.
Meanwhile, the Jharkhand State Para Medical Staff Association has protested the retrenchment of  121 staff. “Patients are suffering as the government has abolished  posts of dressers, ward boys and anaesthesia technicians in hospitals and medical colleges of state,” said Raju Mahto, secretary of the association.

 

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Police Sub-inspector booked for raping widow in Jamshedpur

Next Post

Railway parking contractor shot at and injured near Tatanagar station

Related Posts

Heated Exchange in Jharkhand Assembly Over JPSC Full Form During AYUSH Recruitment Debate

Heated Exchange in Jharkhand Assembly Over JPSC Full Form During AYUSH Recruitment Debate

February 20, 2026
Jharkhand Government Presents Rs 6,450 Crore Third Supplementary Budget in Assembly

Jharkhand Government Presents Rs 6,450 Crore Third Supplementary Budget in Assembly

February 20, 2026
JPSC Cut-Off Date Issue Raised in Jharkhand Assembly During Zero Hour

JPSC Cut-Off Date Issue Raised in Jharkhand Assembly During Zero Hour

February 20, 2026
Jharkhand Steps Up Rabies Control Drive, Vaccine Stock Made Mandatory in Government Hospitals

Jharkhand Steps Up Rabies Control Drive, Vaccine Stock Made Mandatory in Government Hospitals

February 19, 2026
Jharkhand HC Halts Police Probe in Minor Road Accident Case, Grants Relief to Petitioner

Jharkhand HC Halts Police Probe in Minor Road Accident Case, Grants Relief to Petitioner

February 19, 2026
Jharkhand Budget Session: Key Questions Raised in Assembly During Question Hour

Jharkhand Budget Session: Key Questions Raised in Assembly During Question Hour

February 19, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)