Lagatar24.com
Language : HINDI
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Wednesday, 18 February, 2026
Lagatar24.com
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Lagatar24.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion
Home Jharkhand

Congress Accuses BJP of Misleading OBC Students Over Scholarships

Lagatar News by Lagatar News
December 16, 2025
in Jharkhand, Lagatar News
Congress Accuses BJP of Misleading OBC Students Over Scholarships
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lagatar24 Desk

Ranchi: The Jharkhand Congress has accused the BJP of misleading OBC students in the name of scholarships, saying the Centre has consistently failed to release funds while the party indulges in political theatrics.

BJP Accused of Political Posturing on Scholarships

Reacting to a protest march organised by the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, state Congress spokesperson Hrishikesh Singh said the BJP is bringing OBC students onto the streets while simultaneously denying them their constitutional rights. He alleged that the central BJP government has suppressed scholarship entitlements of OBC and youth for years.

Centre Withholding Scholarship Funds, Says Congress

Singh claimed that while the BJP publicly expresses concern over scholarships, it has failed to release adequate funds to Jharkhand. For the financial year 2023–24, the state sought ₹271 crore under the post-matric scholarship scheme but received only ₹77 crore. In 2024–25, against a demand of ₹253 crore, just ₹33 crore was released. For 2025–26, only ₹13 crore has been sanctioned so far against a requirement of ₹370 crore.

State Government Blames Centre for Delays

The Congress spokesperson said the state government cannot disburse scholarships from its own resources unless the Centre releases its share. He asserted that the Mahagathbandhan government remains fully committed to protecting students’ rights and urged the BJP to answer where the remaining hundreds of crores meant for OBC students have gone.

Share76Tweet47
Previous Post

Jharkhand Congress Sets Protest Plan Over MGNREGA Changes, Strategy Meet on December 19

Next Post

Paddy Procurement Gains Momentum in Jharkhand, Over 55,700 Quintals Bought in Two Days

Related Posts

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

Cobra Battalion Tragedy: 4 Soldiers Killed in Chhattisgarh Road Crash

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Extends Civil Services 2025 Application Deadline Till February 20

February 14, 2026
JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

JPSC Website Crash Leaves Applicants Stranded on Deadline Day

February 14, 2026
JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

JPSC Accused of Ignoring Its Own Rule on Answer Sheet Access

February 14, 2026
Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

Marandi Demands Jharkhand Appoint a Lawful DGP Within Supreme Court Deadline

February 13, 2026
High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

High Court Stay Halts Bulldozer Drive, Madukam Families Begin Rebuilding Homes

February 13, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Editor
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Jharkhand
  • Bihar
  • National & World
  • Business
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Career
  • Tech – Gyan
  • Opinion

© 2024 Lagatar News (Lagatar24.com)